Chapter 9: Locke and Demonsthenes
2. Explain how the following people perceive Peter: Parents, Teachers, Valentine.
His parents perceive him as overly aggressive, they can tell how jealous he is that Ender is the one who was chosen for Battle School. His teachers know he is one of the smartest and brightest children in the class, but are afraid of his out-of-nowhere actions. Valentine knows exactly who he is, she has sensed that he has been acting too normal ever since Ender had left, but she knows he's still evil inside.
3. How is Valentine valuable to Peter?
Peter told Valentine that he will one day control the world, but he needed her help. She is valuable to the both of them since she has the ability and power to persuade people into doing what she intends, while Peter makes them by force.
5. What is Peter's greatest gift?
Peter's greatist gift is to find out what people's weaknesses are, to infiltrate them and take advantage of them.
6. Talk about Peter and Valentine's fake identities.
Locke and Demonsthenes are their fake identities, in no way are they connected to those who don't truly know who's behind the names. The use them to speak their mind and not be ignored due to the fact that they are merely children.
8. How has Ender gained the respect pf eveyrone at Battle School? What has he lost?
Ender is now a platoon leader in the army lead by Commander Petra. Although he should feel enlightened, he hates his life. Knowing the I.F. forced his sister to write to him lead him to believe that the one person he trusted was gone.
9. Describe THE END OF THE WORLD on Ender's computer game. What part of the game can he not defeat?
The part he could not defeat is when Peter appears. He still carries a lot of terrible memories from his time on earth, and he has done things ever since to lead him to the notion that he is just like his older brother.