Chapter 5: Games
1. Who is Dap? Why is he important to the Launchies?
Dap is the leader of the Launchies, he tells them what to do and answers their questions, he is like their mother. He demands respect and endorses they watch their backs.
3. What advice does Mick give Ender? How does Ender feel about Mick?
Mick tells Ender to make friends and to become a leader. He insists he kisses butts or does whatever it takes to reach the top. Ender doesn't like Mick and he thinks that his advice is bad.
4. Of what importance are the games that the boys play? How does Ender do at these games?
The games are important because they train and show their skills ad techniques to accomplish specific tasks using game mechanics. Ender's above-average intelligence picks up the mechanics of the games and defeats the older boys with extreme ease.
5. Who becomes Ender's first friend? Under what circumstances?
Shen becomes Ender's first friend, since they were both being targetted by the same group, Bernard's Clique.
6. How does Ender overcome Bernard's malice?
Ender overcomes Bernard's malice by sending out a "funny" message to all the desks, making Bernard enraged. As Bernard confronted Dap about this situation, Dap humiliated him, convincing the rest of the Launchies to realise his little power over anyone. Ender became friends with Shen and many others.